Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences Privacy Statement
Last Updated: September 23, 2019
The purpose of this privacy statement is to communicate the practices of information collection and how information is handled by PA College. This statement serves to provide the following information:
- Practices in which PA College collects information
- Types of information collected
- The purpose for collection
- Consent to collect information
- The rights of the individual (owner and/or subject of the information)
- Practices for retention of the information collected
- Contact information for disputes or issues
Information Collection Practices
Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences collects information in a variety of ways including but not limited to:
- Websites and Web Applications operated by Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Software applications on Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences’ systems
- Social media pages operated by Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Email communications
- Telephone communications
- Online surveys
- Offline activities
- Native advertising
- Display retargeting
- Google retargeting and affinity targeting
- Facebook prospecting, retargeting, lookalike audiences and list uploads
- Instagram prospecting and retargeting
- Google AdWords
- LinkedIn targeting and retargeting
Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences collects a variety of information types only collected if necessary for the purpose of the activity.
Personal Information (information that can identify an individual on its own or can be used in combination to identify an individual uniquely):
- Postal address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Picture for an individual’s profile
- PA College system credentials
- Social Security number
- Other types of sensitive information (health, financial, educational, etc.)
Non-Personal Information (Information that cannot be used on its own to uniquely identify an individual):
- Device information
- Browser information
- Application usage
- Webpage usage
- Information through cookies and other technologies
- Information provided by the individual that does not uniquely identify the individual
- Information collected and pseudonymised
Use of Personal Information
Collection and use of personal information will not go beyond what is necessary in order to fulfill the purpose of the activity. Various information can be collected for reasons including but not limited to:
- Provision of services
- Business reporting and personalized services
- Personal information aggregation
- Business activity and operational purposes
- Personalized marketing
- Legal compliance and obligations
- Other forms of data collected specified at the time of collection along with the purpose for collection
Use of Non-Personal Information
Use of non-personal information may be used in for any reason unless specified by an applicable law or regulation.
Consent to Collect, Use, and, Disclose or Release Information
Any individual will be made aware of what the information is potentially used for through this Privacy statement and maintains the right to make additional inquiries prior to providing information. An individual can agree to the terms and conditions provided when information is being collected and voluntarily provide the information requested. Upon agreeing to the terms and conditions and voluntarily providing the information to PA College, you are consenting for PA College to collect, use, and potentially disclose or release that information for purposes included in PA College policies and statements, and listed within the terms and conditions. Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences will respect the decision to either provide or not provide the information asked for; however, there are business processes and services that do require certain information in order to be completed. Without the information specifically requested, certain services cannot be provided. Therefore, any individual that does not provide the information required for that service cannot receive that service.
Disclosure and Release of Data and Information
Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences maintains the right to securely disclose and release data and information it collects for the following reasons:
- To conduct business within the Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health organization or to its affiliates for purposes within this policy
- To third parties with a legitimate business relationship with Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences to facilitate services provided to Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Legal and regulatory compliance and other obligations
- Business analytics/reporting, activities, and other operational purposes
The disclosure and release of sensitive data/information must have the consent of the individual unless Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences is legally obligated to provide the information or unless Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences is not obligated to gather consent as stated by regulation. Should a user decide to revoke consent of collection, use, and/or release of information, they may submit a request via an ITS Support request to be reviewed. ITS Security and other necessary parties will work with the individual to address any data/information privacy concerns.
Rights of the Owner and/or Subject of the Information
To the extent these rights are provided to you by applicable law, if you would like to request to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete Personal Information that you have previously provided to PA College of Health Sciences, object to the processing of Personal Information or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information for purposes of transmitting it to another entity, please contact us via an ITS Support Request. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law. ITS Security and other necessary parties will work with the individual to address any data/information privacy concerns.
We retain Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to the individual (for example, for as long as there is an account with us or keep using the Services)
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of an individual’s transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them)
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations)
Please see PA College’s Document Retention Policy for more information.
This Privacy Statement does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any website or service to which the Services link. The inclusion of a link on the Services does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by us or by our affiliates.
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Apps or our Social Media Pages.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites or online services.
Use of Services by Minors
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 13.
Third-Party Payment Service
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at marketing@PAcollege.edu. Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive information in your emails to us.
In accordance with applicable law, you may lodge a complaint with the relevant privacy or data protection regulatory authority.