IU13 Healthcare Career Exploration Camp
2021 Summer Dates TBD, More Information Coming Soon.
Healthcare has become the largest source of jobs in the United States. Jobs in this field are varied and in high demand. From a doctor to a nurse to a healthcare administrator to a surgical technician, the options are plentiful. Why not see if your interest in helping people can translate into a rewarding career in healthcare. The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences is partnering with IU13 to offer a four-day camp for high school students that will provide focused collaboration with unique workshops. The camp will be filled with an exciting curriculum that will keep you engaged while you learn about new opportunities in the healthcare field in a state-of-the-art facility. Camp activities may include dissecting an organ, examining ultrasounds, administering IVs and immersing yourself in other hands-on experiences in the college’s specialized simulation labs. Everyone will have the opportunity to become CPR/AED certified or to practice these life-saving skills.
Summer is the perfect time to have fun, connect with other teens with interest in the healthcare field, and become inspired to make your dream a reality.
What to Bring/Wear:
- Bagged lunch, snack, and drink; water bottle
- IU13 permission slip/photo release form (included on reverse side of registration form)
- PA College of Health Sciences Parent/Legal Guardian Waiver of Liability
- Dress comfortably for hands-on learning. No graphic t-shirts or short shorts please. College can be chilly due to air-conditioning.
- Comfortable shoes are required each day – NO flip flops
NOTE: Starbucks® is available onsite for hot and cold drinks
Who can attend?
Students entering grades 9 through 12
Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
850 Greenfield Road, Lancaster, PA
*Participants will meet at PA College each day – transportation provided by families*
30 students (minimum of 10 students)