IU13 Health Care Career Exploration Camp
Health care has become the largest source of jobs in the United States. Jobs in this field are varied and in high demand. From a doctor to a nurse to a health care administrator to a surgical technician, the options are plentiful. This summer, why not see if your interest in helping people can translate into a rewarding career in health care? IU13 is partnering with Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences, which offers traditional degrees, certificates, and continuing education, to host a virtual camp for high school students. The camp will be filled with an exciting curriculum that includes: a live dissection, a guest speaker in health care and stress management techniques. Beyond the health care camp experience, students will receive a free application code to apply for dual enrollment credits their junior and senior year of high school at a 50% discount. Sign up today! Enrollment is limited.
Who Can Attend?
Students Entering grades 9 through 12 in Fall 2021
Tuesday-Wednesday, July 20-21, 2021
9:00 AM – 12:15 PM
$175.00 per student
Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences, Lancaster PA
May 24, 2021
30 students (minimum of 15 students)
- Prior to camp, registered students will need to pick up an interactive health care kit at PA College of Health Sciences, 850 Greenfield Road, Lancaster, PA, unless other arrangements are made. Details will be emailed.
- Parents/guardians of registered students are responsible for ensuring that students have a strong internet connection, a device (other than a smart phone) with audio and video capabilities. Students will use the Zoom platform to log in to camp. Links will be sent closer to the start date.
- Students need a quiet area to view and interact with camp instructors.
- Visit IU13 Summer Enrichment Camps, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call IU13 Gifted Education and Enrichment Services: 717-606-1822
- For scholarship information, please email email@example.com
NOTICE: IU13 reserves the right to cancel this camp if there is inadequate enrollment. A full refund will be given. If a registered student needs to cancel, both parties agree to a full reimbursement for cancellations at least nine (9) weeks in advance. Cancellations made less than nine (9) weeks in advance will be given a 50% reimbursement. Any cancellations made less than eight (8) weeks in advance from the start of the camp will forfeit their payment to cover the cost of expenses.