Mary Phillips, MEd
Faculty - Instructor
Science and Humanities Faculty
BiographyAt PA College, I am the math coordinator. In this role, I work to coordinate tutoring hours, class schedules, the transfer of courses and the assessment of courses. I am also an advisor to the InterVarsity Christian Fellowship (IVCF) Club.
I am very interested in teaching applied mathematics. I have worked with a team of educators at PA College to develop open educational resources that link math and biology. The Quantitative Biology in Community Colleges project is a nationwide collaboration between math and biology instructors to create activities that link the two subjects.
Outside of PA College, I enjoy spending time with my family, my church and in my garden. I am very crafty and enjoy scrapbooking and sewing projects during breaks from school.
- MAT 150 Clinical Mathematics
- MAT 160 College Algebra
- Master of Education in Mathematics, Millersville University, 2010
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics Education, Shippensburg University, 1997
- Member of National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- Nominee, Kenneth G. Stoudt Endowed Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2013, 2015 and 2017 – 2020
- Best Use of Technology award for Innovative Teaching Poster Presentation, 2014
- Honorable Mention in Health Sciences Poster Session Sponsored by the Lancaster General Research Institute -- Poster presented the findings of the Collaborative Learning in Mathematics Courses Research Study, 2012