Marcy McCarty MBA, RT (R) (N)
Program Director: Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences; Assistant Professor, BSHA and BSHS programs; Chair, Educational Technology Committee; Faculty Advisor, Pennsylvania Gamma Chi Chapter of Lambda Nu Honor Society
Health Sciences Faculty
BiographyAs a self-disciplined, goal-oriented, and dedicated healthcare professional, with a well-rounded and diversified healthcare background, I strive to guide and mentor students in becoming leaders in the healthcare industry. My knowledge and experiences in Nuclear Medicine, Health Care leadership, and Education, offer students the ability to relate didactic concepts using critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills learned to the real world. These skills and concepts learned in the courses I teach will help propel the students in making an impact in their communities and health care.
My personal experiences growing up in a low socio-economic town and as a non-traditional college student simultaneously fulfilling responsibilities with caring for my family, working, and other outside commitments help me to relate to my students and show compassion and empathy when needed. Juggling many hats is a challenge. I welcome dialogue and am very approachable with my students so that we can work together to decrease the stress of juggling all the hats to achieve academic success.
I am married to a wonderful and supporting husband, where together we care for our two children and our silver lab, Rev. We are very active in our community, especially with sports. We spend a lot of time at our mountain cabin when our schedules permit, and during the summer you can find boating or spending family time at our cabin along the Susquehanna.
- Registered Radiologic and Nuclear Medicine Technologist, American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Certification
- HSC-300 Organizational Behavior
- HSC-402 Healthcare Leadership
- HCA-200 Prin of Health Care Admin
- HCA-305 Data Analysis
- IPC-302 Introduction to Capstone
- IPC-322 Teaching and Learning
- IPC-450 Capstone
- RAD-302 Computed Tomography Clinical
- RAD-312 Mag Resonance Imaging Clinical
- Doctor of Education, EdD, in Performance Improvement Leadership, Capella University, anticipated graduation 2023
- Master of Business Administration, Lebanon Valley College
- Bachelor of Science, Nuclear Medicine Technology, Millersville University
- Nuclear Medicine Technology Academic Certificate, Lancaster Institute for Health Education
- Radiologic Technology Academic Certificate, Penn State Hershey Medical Center
- Member, Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging
- Member, Lambda Nu Honor Society, Pennsylvania Gamma Chi Chapter
- Manuscript Reviewer, Journal of Nuclear Medicine Technology