Lynne Dommel, MSN, RN
Coordinator, Simulation Education
Center for Excellence in Practice
BiographyI graduated with my nursing diploma in 1986 and started working at Lancaster General Hospital on the Cardiac unit, caring for Cardiothoracic and Vascular surgical patients. During that time, I went back to school for my BSN After 22 years caring for patients, I transferred to staff development, spending four years as a nurse educator. My passion for nursing combined with my interest in educating and supporting new nurses led me, once again to get my MSN, specializing in education.
Currently, I am employed at PA College of Health Sciences as the Coordinator of Simulation Education. In this role, I collaborate with faculty to develop and revise simulation scenarios, providing learning opportunities they may not experience in a hospital setting, for example, calling a physician or administering blood. I also oversee and manage the standardized patient program in simulation.
In my free time, I volunteer as the pariah nurse for my church, providing monthly blood pressure screenings and writing health related articles for the church newsletter. I am also involved in the local chapter of Nurses Christian Fellowship. Our chapter meets monthly focusing on spiritual support of each other through prayer, bible study and fellowship.
I enjoy spending time with my husband and family, reading, music, and getting together with friends.
- Registered Nurse
- Parish Nurse Certification
- Master of Science in Nursing, Walden University (focus was Nursing Education) - 2012
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Millersville University-1996
- Nursing Diploma , Lancaster General Hospital School of Nursing (Now known as Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences) - 1986
- Associate of Science, Franklin & Marshall College - 1986
- Member, Sigma Theta Tau International
- Chair, Awards Committee of Psi Pi Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International
- Member, Association of Standardized Patient Educators
- Member, International Association of Clinical Simulation and Learning
- Member, Nurses Christian Fellowship International - Lancaster, PA Chapter
- Secretary, Lancaster County Nursing Honor Guard
- Nominated, PA Florence Nightingale Award, 2002
- Nominated, Isaac G. Weidman Award
850 Greenfield Rd
Lancaster, PA 17601 US
Meet the people where they are.