Lisa Johnson, DrNP, CRNP, ACNP-BC
Program Director, Nurse Practitioner Program and Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Track Coordinator
BiographyLisa A. Johnson, DrNP, ACNP-BC, is an Associate Professor and Director of the Nurse Practitioner Program at PA College of Health Sciences. Dr. Johnson also serves as the Track Coordinator and lead faculty for the Adult-Gero Acute Care NP Track. She is a board-certified Acute Care Nurse Practitioner and maintains a clinical practice position in addition to her College commitment.
Dr. Johnson has practiced in the areas of Infectious Diseases, Gastroenterology/Hepatology, Bone Marrow Transplant and Medication Assisted Therapy (MAT) as an Acute Care NP. Prior to becoming an NP she was an ICU nurse. Dr. Johnson obtained her Bachelors Degree in Science from Wilkes University (99), Master’s Degree in Science from the University of Massachusetts (04) and her Doctoral Degree from Drexel University (11). She has served previously as the Director of Acute Care NP Track at Drexel University and DeSales University and Director of the DNP Program at LaSalle University prior to joining the PA College of Health Sciences Graduate Nursing faculty in 2017.
Dr. Johnson is a member of several professional organizations including the PA Coalition of Nurse Practitioners, National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties (NONPF), and serves on many committees within the College.
- Adult Acute Care Nurse Practitioner via the American Nurses Credentialing Center - Board Certification (ANCC-BC)
- Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Prescriptive Authority in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Doctor of Nursing Practice in Nursing Science (DrNP) Drexel University, 2011
- Master of Science (MS) University of Massachusetts, 2004
- Bachelor of Science (BS) Wilkes University, 1999
- PA Coalition of Nurse Practitioners
- National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties (NONPF)
- Drexel University Star Teaching Award, Fall 2013.