Kristie Berkstresser, PhD, RN, CNE, BC
Associate Professor of Nursing
BiographyI am an associate professor of nursing at the college in the division of nursing, specifically in the RN-to-BSN and 3/4 year BSN programs. I have taught in pre-licensure and RN-to-BSN curricula for the past several years. My nursing/educational experiences include: gerontology, community health, medical-surgical, administration, education, and research.
My education includes: a Doctorate of Philosophy in Education with a specialization in nursing education from Capella University, a Master of Science in Nursing and a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Millersville University, and a Diploma in nursing from Saint Joseph’s Hospital School of Nursing.
I am a Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) from National League for Nursing and Certified Geriatric Nurse (BC) from American Nurse’s Credentialing Center.
My research interest currently lies in the area of the use of online clinical post-conference versus face-to-face clinical post-conference. I had a paper published in Nurse Education in Practice related to the use of online post-conference.
I serve as the secretary for the Psi Pi chapter of Sigma Theta Tai International (STTI), the nursing honor society, thru the college.
My students all call me Dr. B.
- 2008 to present certification from National League for Nursing as a Certificated Nurse Educator (CNE)
- 1998 to present American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) instructor
- 1997 to present Certified Gerontological Nurse from American Nurses Credentialing Center (BC)
- 1995 to present Registered Nurse in good standing with the state board of nursing of Pennsylvania
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education with a specialization in Nursing Education Graduation with Distinction, Capella University, 2013
- Masters of Science in Nursing with an emphasis on Nursing Education, Millersville University, 2007
- Bachelor of Science of Nursing, Millersville University, 20047
- Saint Joseph’s Hospital School of Nursing, Diploma, 1995
- Secretary of the Psi Pi chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International, National Honor Society for Nurses