Katherine Frey, MSN, CNM, WHNP-BC
Maternal/Newborn Nursing Instructor
BiographyI graduated from the Pennsylvania State University in 2014 and took a job at Penn State Hershey Medical Center in women's health. I worked there for 5 years and was crossed trained as a post-partum, antepartum, newborn, and labor and delivery nurse. During my time there, I studied at Frontier Nursing University with the aspiration of becoming a midwife. In late 2018, I graduated with my MSN in Midwifery and took a job as a Certified Nurse-Midwife in Fort Wayne, Indiana. I had the pleasure of attending births at two hospitals and our free-standing birth center. After approximately 1 year, my husband and I relocated back to central PA and I began working in my current role at PA College.
In my free time I enjoy hiking on the many trails in Lancaster county with my two dogs, running, and knitting/crocheting.
- Certified Nurse-Midwife, Pennsylvania & Indiana
- Women's Health Nurse Practitioner-Board Certified
- Registered Nurse, Pennsylvania & Indiana
- NUR-010 LPN Assessment Module
- NUR-102 Families Within the Community
- NUR-111 Foundations of Nur Clin Lab
- NUR-112 Families in Community Clinical
- Master of Science in Nursing, Midwifery - Frontier Nursing University, 2018
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing - Pennsylvania State University, 2014
- American College of Nurse-Midwives
- Central Penn Parent Women's Health and Wellness Hero Award, March 2018
- Daisy Award Recipient, Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, January 2018