Barbara Poukish, MSN, RN
Clinical Skills Educator
Center for Excellence in Practice
BiographyIn my role as a Clinical Skills Educator at the College, I draw on 25 years of clinical experience as a registered nurse in a variety of settings, including pediatrics, emergency department, cardiac rehabilitation, pre and post operative settings, infection control, and performance improvement.
Additionally, I have worked as a nurse educator for the past 15 years, initially as a faculty member, and then as a member of the Clinical Skills Lab team supporting students in the acquisition of hands-on clinical skills and relevant clinical reasoning.
I thoroughly enjoy working with students in the lab setting and supporting them on their journeys to becoming competent and confident health care providers.
- Master of Science in Nursing, Millersville University
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of Delaware
- Sigma Theta Tau Nursing Honor Society
- C. Virginia Palmer Graduate Award, Xi Chi Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau, Millersville University, 2009
- Certificate of Recognition for Excellence in Teaching, Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences, 2017