Student walking down hallway

Transfer Students

See how PA College can fit into your health sciences education, and learn how to transfer your financial aid.

Frequently Asked Questions about Transfer Students

Does PA College accept transfer students?

Transfer students can be accepted to programs at PA College. While general education is designed specifically for future health care providers and is a significant component of the student experience, we will consider students who have previously completed college credits.

Do I need to complete all general education requirements prior to attending?

No. Students who have not yet fulfilled general education requirements can easily complete these credits alongside or prior to their clinical education courses. In fact, the degree programs at PA College are comprehensive and designed for students to complete all components without transfer credits.

How do my credits transfer?

Each accepted student will receive a personalized credit evaluation. Courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or better and equivalent to PA College courses, and may be subject to timeframe conditions. Students participating in articulation agreements from Harrisburg Area Community College, Immaculata University or Reading Area Community College will receive a streamlined credit transfer. Please contact the Office of Admissions for an overview of previously completed courses that might transfer.

Transferring Your Financial Aid

If you have received federal financial aid at a previous institution, you may still have financial aid eligibility at PA College. Transferring your financial aid information is an easy process that you can complete at any time during the transfer process.

To determine your financial aid eligibility, you will need to update your current Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with the Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences Federal School Code (009863). Once the school code has been added to your FAFSA, please make sure to electronically resubmit your FAFSA.

Once your FAFSA has been received, it can be reviewed and processed for aid eligibility. Please be aware that if you fit in one or more of the following categories, it may be necessary for the Financial Services Office to reduce already disbursed financial aid:

  • You have already received aid for the current term and your financial aid is in excess of eligibility.
  • Your loans are in excess of annual borrowing limits.
  • You have reached the federal aggregate borrowing limit.

If you have received a PHEAA State Grant during the current academic year at a previous institution, you will need to contact PHEAA and update your transfer. Call PHEAA at 1-800-233-0557. The Office of Financial Aid will inform you of your financial aid award for the semester in which you are enrolling.

Articulation Agreements

The following articulation agreements have been established to ensure a smooth transition for transferring students, identifying comparable coursework that allows for degree requirements to be met at one institution and transferred in to PA College.

  • Harrisburg Area Community College (HACC)
  • Reading Area Community College (RACC)
  • Immaculata University

If you have any questions regarding transferring your financial aid information, please call Student Financial Services at (717) 947-6300 or by email