We are here to assist you in a new mission: earning your degree.
Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences is a military-friendly institution and offers assistance and services to veterans and their dependents who are utilizing educational benefits. We are happy to assist you with:
- Completing the application for VA Education benefits
- Processing your benefits with the VA
- Providing direction to other valuable services and resources
These benefits can include:
- Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill®
- Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation
- Chapter 33 Post 911 GI Bill®
- Chapter 35 Survivors and Dependents Assistance
- Chapter 1606 National Guard or Reserves
- Chapter 1607 National Guard or Reserves (REAP) (*if eligible, must be utilized by November 25, 2019)
- Pennsylvania National Guard Educational Assistance Program (EAP)
- Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA)
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
The Higher Education Relief Opportunities for Students (HEROES) Act provides for the modification and waiving of some statutory and regulatory provisions related to students who receive financial aid and who are on active duty during a war or other military operation or who reside or are employed in a declared disaster area. These adjustments apply to return of funds and signature requirements for verification and application, among other things. Please contact Financial Aid for more information.
Getting Started with Your Benefits
To get started, please follow the directions below. If you should have any questions regarding veterans benefits, the application process, or anything else, please feel free to stop by the Admissions and Student Services Suite (located in the Stoudt building) or email Veteran Services.
- Apply for or update your benefits
- Provide Veteran Services with required documentation
- Confirmation page of completed Veterans Online Application (VONAPP) or copy of application
- Any kicker paperwork (if applicable)
- Certificate of Eligibility (COE) or 22-1995
- DD-214 (Member 4 or Services 2)
- Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) (required for Chapter 1606 and 1607)
- Register for classes
- Submit the Veterans Benefit Request (VBR) Form
- Submit the Veterans Benefit Request (VBR) Form every semester after registering for classes.
- If you do not submit a VBR, you cannot be certified for benefits!
- All students utilizing Chapters 1606, 1607 or Chapter 30 (Montgomery GI Bill®) must verify enrollment with the VA on the last day of each month. You can verify your enrollment, with the VA, by contacting them at:
- Online – www.gibill.va.gov/wave
- Telephone – 1-877-823-2378
PA College Resources
The Learning Commons is home to library and learner support resources, services, and staff. It is your place to come for research, writing, and other support services such as tutoring and test taking strategies. Library and learner support professionals are available by appointment (call or schedule through Starfish) or on a drop in basis. To schedule an appointment, please log into Starfish and follow: Services > Learning Commons > Schedule appointment.
You may also be eligible for coverage of paid available Tutorial Assistance through the VA. To review this information and eligibility, please visit the VA Education and Training website by clicking here.
As a student of PA College of Health Sciences, you may contact Employee & Student Health Services to speak with someone regarding stress, anxiety or other personal issues. Please visit the Employee & Student Health Services page.
In addition, confidential counseling is offered through Quest Behavioral Health. Students are entitled to three free visits with Quest, if needed.
If additional counseling is needed, please contact the VA at 1-800-409-8771 or the Lebanon VA Medical Center.
For information about the Veterans Crisis Line, please click here or call 1-800-273-8255.
For information about the Veterans Mental Health website, please click here.
Transcript Request for Military Service
All U.S. Service Branches (except U.S. Air Force) use the following link:
For U.S. Air Force use:
VA related websites: