Apply for as many scholarships as you can to help fund your education.
Scholarships are an excellent way to help pay for the cost of your education. Scholarships, like grants, do not need to be repaid. They are generally fall into one of two categories: Need-Based and Merit-Based.
Need-Based scholarships have eligibility that is determined by a review of your family’s finances. Typically the results of the FAFSA are used to determine your financial need.
Merit-Based scholarships usually recognize talent of some type–academic, athletic, or artistic. Merit-based scholarships may still have a need-based component to them.
PA College offers a variety of need-based scholarships to students. A list of available scholarship funds can be found below under “PA College Scholarships.”
Scholarship Tips from Federal Student Aid:
- Finding and Applying for Scholarships
- Federal Trade Commission Consumer Information: Scholarship and Financial Aid Scams
Scholarship Fundamentals from FinAid.org:
The following PA College scholarships were established by many generous alumni, friends and donors.
How do I apply for these scholarships?
There is no separate application to apply for these scholarships. As an admitted student, you will automatically be considered for all available PA College scholarship funds. We will use the information you supplied on your application for admission as well as your FAFSA to pre-qualify you for the scholarships below based upon each scholarship’s unique eligibility criteria.
For additional information, contact Student Financial Services.
PA College neither endorses nor are we affiliated with these scholarship organizations. Please heed the scholarship advice in the “Scholarship Tips” section when completing any scholarship applications or searches.
- Caring.com Student-Caregiver Annual Scholarship
- DISCOVER: Student Scholarship Award
- The John Foy & Associates Strong Scholarship
- Lancaster Osteopathic Health Foundation Nursing Scholarship
- Live Your Dream Award
- Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance Scholarship
- Nightingale Awards of Pennsylvania
- Nursing Foundation of Pennsylvania
- PNC Education Loan Center: Achiever Scholarship
- Schmidt Kramer Annual Scholarship for Academic Excellence
- Varsity Tutors’ Monthly Scholarship
Listed below are several scholarship databases available to assist you in finding private sector scholarships, fellowships and loans.
PA College does not endorse, nor are we affiliated with any of the organizations below. Please heed the scholarship advice in the “Scholarship Tips” section when doing any scholarship applications/searches.