Ensure you are meeting all eligibility requirements in order to qualify for financial aid.

Several eligibility requirements exist to ensure you make progress towards earning your degree in a timely manner.  Review the requirements and your rights and responsibilities as you are responsible for the following information.

To receive federal, state, and institutional financial aid, you will need to:

  • have a high school diploma or GED
  • be enrolled in an eligible degree or certificate program
  • be registered with the Selective Service, if you are a male between the ages of 18-25
  • have a valid Social Security number
  • not be in default on a loan or owe a repayment on a grant at any institution
  • not have been convicted of possessing or selling illegal drugs while receiving Title IV aid
  • be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen

Am I an eligible non-citizen?

If you hold one of the following statuses, you are an eligible non-citizen and can complete the FAFSA:

  • U.S. national
  • Permanent resident
  • Arrival-Departure Record indicating one of the following: refugee, asylum granted, Cuban-Haitian entrant (status pending), conditional entrant (valid only if issued before April 1, 1980), parolee
  • Battered Immigrant Status
  • T-visa or parent holds a T-1 visa
  • Citizen of the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, or the Republic of Palau

Eligibility Requirements

Rights and Responsibilities

Aggregate Limits

  • Federal Pell Grant
    • Equivalent of six academic year seeking first Bachelor’s degree
  • Federal Direct Subsidized Loan
    • $23,000 maximum
    • Cannot exceed more than 150% of your published program length
  • Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan
    • $31,000 (including Federal Direct Subsidized Loans) – dependent undergraduate
    • $57,500 (including Federal Direct Subsidized Loans) – independent undergraduate and dependent undergraduate students whose parent was denied a Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan
    • $138,500 (including Federal Direct Subsidized Loans) – graduate