Total Credits: 48
Work in an intense environment as a vital part of a lifesaving surgical team.
Surgical technologists assist surgical teams throughout every step of an operation. In the surgical technology program at PA College, you’ll learn alongside certified technologists with years of operating room experience to hone your skills for this high-intensity career.
In the surgical technology certificate program, you’ll train in a wide variety of surgical specialties. This program exposes students to a wide variety of surgical specialties in the acute care setting that may include:
- Obstetrics and gynecology
- Genitourologic surgery
- General surgery
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Peripheral vascular surgery
- Cardiothoracic surgery
You’ll learn alongside certified technologists with years of operating room experience. Upon graduation, you’ll have performed at least 120 surgical procedures in real-life settings. This exposure prepares students to take the certification exam that will allow them to begin their career as a certified surgical technologist.
PA College cannot guarantee clinical rotations for students who have not received the COVID-19 vaccine.
At the completion of the program, the graduate will:
- Function as a competent entry-level surgical technologist in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills) and affective (behavior) learning domains.
- Apply principles of liberal arts and sciences to the care of the perioperative client.
- Prepare the intraoperative environment with attention to quality and cost effectiveness.
- Respect the ethical, legal, moral and cultural issues that impact the care of the perioperative client.
- Formulate a plan for personal and professional growth.
Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong knowledge and skill enhancement.
- Utilize effective communication skills and interactions with patients, members of the surgical team and other health care practitioners.
- Function as an integral member of the surgical team by performing perioperative technical skills in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner.
|Year||Graduation||Certification Examination||Job Placement Rate||Continuing Education|
|Initial Enrollment||Graduated||Rate||Number Who Took Exam||Exam Participation Rate||Number Passed||Pass Rate||Graduates||Jobs within 6 months||Rate||Graduates||Continuing Formal Ed.||Rate|
Prior to the student’s first semester, a child abuse clearance and criminal history background check must be completed:
- Pennsylvania Access to Criminal History
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
- FBI Background Check
The following items are required for each academic clinical program:
- V-Neck Top (2 items are recommended)
- Drawstring Pants (2 items are recommended)
- White all leather sneakers
Visit the College Store to order yours!
Total Credits: 48