|BIO 175||Human Anatomy & Physiology I||4|
|CSS 101||College Studies Seminar||3|
|ENG 100||English Composition||3|
|MAT 100||Quantitative Reasoning and Skills||3|
|HSC 100||Medical Terminology||1|
|SOC XXX||Sociology Elective||3|
|BIO 176||Human Anatomy & Physiology II||4|
|SUR 100||Perioperative Services||2|
|SUR 102||Perioperative Pharmacology||2|
|SUR 103||Surgical Armamentarium||2|
|SUR 115||Perioperative Services Lab||3|
|Total Combined Credits||33|
A surgical technologist education prepares you to serve in an intense health care environment as a vital part of a lifesaving surgical team.
Surgical technologists assist surgical teams throughout every step of an operation. In the surgical technology program at PA College, you’ll learn alongside certified technologists with years of operating room experience to hone your skills for this high-intensity career.
With surgical technologist classes, you’ll get access to a variety of advanced technology that makes simulation learning as close to real clinical situations as it can be. By graduation, you’ll have performed at least 120 surgical procedures in real-life settings. This exposure prepares students to take the certification exam that will allow them to begin their career as a certified surgical technologist.
This program exposes students to a wide variety of surgical specialties in the acute care setting that may include:
- Obstetrics and gynecology
- Genitourologic surgery
- General surgery
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Peripheral vascular surgery
- Cardiothoracic surgery
- Robotic Surgery
Applicants who meet general admissions requirements may also apply for our certificate program.
At the completion of the program, the graduate will:
- Function as a competent entry-level surgical technologist in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills) and affective (behavior) learning domains.
- Apply principles of liberal arts and sciences to the care of the perioperative client.
- Prepare the intraoperative environment with attention to quality and cost effectiveness.
- Respect the ethical, legal, moral and cultural issues that impact the care of the perioperative client.
- Formulate a plan for personal and professional growth.
Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong knowledge and skill enhancement.
- Utilize effective communication skills and interactions with patients, members of the surgical team and other health care practitioners.
- Function as an integral member of the surgical team by performing perioperative technical skills in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner.
PA College cannot guarantee clinical rotations for students who have not received the COVID-19 vaccine.
Prior to the student’s first semester, a child abuse clearance and criminal history background check must be completed:
- Pennsylvania Access to Criminal History ($20)
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance ($13)
- FBI Background Check ($50)
The following items are required for each academic clinical program:
- V-Neck Top (2 items are recommended)
- Drawstring Pants (2 items are recommended)
- White all leather sneakers
Visit the College Store to order yours!
|HSC 101||Methods of Patient Care||1|
|SUR 110||Intraoperative Patient Care||4|
|SUR 230||Surgical Procedures and Pathophysiology I||4|
|SUR 215||Perioperative Services Clinical I & Lab||4|
|SUR 212||Professionalism in Surgical Technology||1|
|PHI 210||Ethical and Legal Dimensions in the Health Sciences||1|
|SUR 225||Perioperative Services Clinical II||6|
|SUR 240||Surgical Procedures & Pathophysiology II||4|
|SUR 299||Certification Exam Review||1|
|Total Combined Credits||65|