High School Classes
We have several options for high school students to further their education and explore a career in the health sciences.
Experience college in a state-of-the-art learning environment while getting an early start on your future degree. Dual enrollment allows eligible high school students to enroll in general education courses while also completing high school requirements.
Students who have completed the following requirements can apply for dual enrollment:
- Earned cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Algebra I and II
- Biology with lab
- An advanced science with lab such as chemistry, physics or advanced biology
- A score of 1000 (combined) on the PSAT, 1000 (combined) on the SAT, or 21 (composite) on the ACT
What classes are available?
- BIO 105: Human Biology/Lab
- BIO 111: General Biology I
- BIO 112: General Biology II*
- BIO 175: Anatomy & Physiology 1/Lab
- BIO 176: Anatomy & Physiology 2/Lab*
- BIO 185: Microbiology/Lab
- BIO 230: Immunology*
- BIO 250: Nutrition for Life
- CHE 100: Chemistry/Lab*
- CMP 150: Digital Foundations Seminar
- ECO 150: Survey of Economics
- ENG 100: English Composition
- ENG 202: Advanced Communication
- HLT 150: Wellness for Life
- HSC 103: Introduction to Health Professions
- HUM 210: World Religions
- LIT 350: Health Care in Popular Culture
- MAT 140: Introduction to Statistical Thinking
- MAT 150: Clinical Mathematics for the Health Sciences
- MAT 160: College Algebra
- MAT 260: Statistics*
- PHY 150: Physics/Lab*
- PSY 100: General Psychology
- SOC 100: Introduction to Sociology
- SOC 200: Cultural Diversity
- SPA 150: Introduction to Medical Spanish
- SUR 102: Surgical Pharmacology and Anesthesia
*Pre-requisites may apply.
This three-year program helps a select group of Lancaster County high school students:
- Explore careers in health care
- Learn valuable skills towards becoming a certified nursing assistant
- Earn micro-scholarships toward continuing their education in health care
Ninety students from nearby school districts are selected as high school freshmen and continue the program through their senior year.
The Health Care Careers Academy is offered in conjunction with BB&T Corporation, the Lancaster County Community Foundation, Lancaster-Lebanon IU13, HACC’s Lancaster Campus and the Lancaster County STEM Alliance.