Our Mission & Philosophy
At PA College, we educate for excellence in health care practice, leadership and the continuous acquisition of knowledge.
The administration and faculty of Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences believe the individual is unique, adaptable and possesses intrinsic worth. Integrity and self-motivation for intellectual growth and character development are valued. This individual evolves within society, shaping and being shaped by culture and heredity. Society is global and dynamic, consisting of individuals, families, groups and communities that coexist in an environment articulated by the symbols of language, thought and history.
Health is a dynamic and holistic process. Health promotion, maintenance and restoration activities influence the individual’s present level of wellness. Optimal health reflects the peak functioning of physiological, mental, emotional, sociocultural and spiritual dimensions throughout the lifespan.
Health care requires collaboration and competency from all practitioners within a complex spectrum of primary, secondary and tertiary delivery systems. The individual has the right to seek and receive quality, affordable health care.
Learning occurs in an interactive atmosphere that encourages and provides opportunities for self-direction and critical thinking. The learning environment is nurturing and promotes the cultivation of global perspectives, self-awareness and intelligent citizenship. Education challenges individuals to adapt to new experiences and clarify life values. The curricula are developed to promote the acquisition of knowledge, skills, and attitudes that enable learners to become professionally competent and socially responsible.
Educate for excellence in health care practice, leadership, and the continuous acquisition of knowledge.
We are at the center of our students’ learning universe.
Upon completion of the curriculum at Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences, the graduate will:
- Integrate liberal arts, sciences and professional education to make positive contributions to the community.
- Conduct oneself in a manner that respects diversity, values, beliefs and practices of all.
- Utilize reasoning, information resources and technology to enhance outcomes.
- Demonstrate inter-professional collaboration and communication in the promotion, restoration and maintenance of health.
- Model productive citizenship and civic responsibility.
- Exhibit conduct reflective of professional values, ethics and leadership qualities.
- Pursue opportunities for lifelong personal and professional development.