• Transfer Students

    The path to academic success can be different for each student entering a program at Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences. Are you considering becoming a PA College student, but want to discover how you will fit into your program? Start a conversation with a counselor in the Office of Admissions by emailing admission@PAcollege.edu! You will find out how our general education curriculum provides a strong foundation so you can truly achieve excellence in practice, and how you can begin without transfer courses. If you have already attended another college, you will also obtain details regarding the impact of those credits on your program. We look forward to hearing from you!

    Are transfer students accepted to PA College?

    Transfer students can be accepted to programs at PA College. While general education is designed specifically for future health care providers and is a significant component of the student experience, we will consider students who have previously completed college credits.

    Do I need to complete all general education requirements prior to attending PA College?

    No – students who have not yet fulfilled general education requirements can easily complete these credits alongside or prior to their clinical education courses. In fact, the degree programs at PA College are comprehensive and designed for students to complete all components without transfer credits.

    How do my credits transfer?

    Each accepted student will receive a personalized credit evaluation. Courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or better and equivalent to PA College courses, and may be subject to timeframe conditions. Students participating in articulation agreements from Harrisburg Area Community College, Immaculata University or Reading Area Community College will receive a streamlined credit transfer. If you would like an overview of previously completed courses that might transfer, please contact the Office of Admissions. One of our counselors will be happy to complete your unofficial evaluation!

    Transferring Your Financial Aid

    If you have received federal financial aid at a previous institution, you may still have financial aid eligibility at Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences. Transferring your financial aid information is an easy process that you can complete at any time during the transfer process.

    To determine your financial aid eligibility, you will need to update your current FAFSA with the Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences Federal School Code (009863). Once the school code has been added to your FAFSA, please make sure to electronically resubmit your FAFSA.

    Once your FAFSA has been received, it can be reviewed and processed for aid eligibility. Please be aware that if you fit in one or more of the following categories, it may be necessary for the financial services office to reduce already disbursed financial aid:

    • You have already received aid for the current term and your financial aid is in excess of eligibility  
    • Your loans are in excess of annual borrowing limits  
    • You have reached the federal aggregate borrowing limit  


    If you have received a PHEAA State Grant during the current academic year at a previous institution, you will need to contact PHEAA and update your transfer. You can reach PHEAA directly at 1-800-233-0557.

    The Office of Financial Aid will communicate this information to you directly so that you are informed of your financial aid award for the semester in which you are enrolling.

    If you should have any questions regarding transferring your financial aid information, please feel free to contact the Student Service Center by phone at (717) 947-6004 or by email at StudentServiceCenter@PAcollege.edu.